Wickford UK, South East
Band 7 RMN or a Band 7 Psychologist – Specialist CAMHS teams
Salary: £30 – £32 per hour. Location: Ealing, West London. When: Locum, Full-time. Start date: ASAP
We are looking for experienced Band 7 RMN or a Band 7 Psychologist to join a Specialist CAMHS team (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) in the Wickford, Essex.
This vacancy is for an initial 3 – 6 months contract with the possibility of further extension.
You will be considered for these roles if you are Primary Mental Health Professionals, CAMHS Practitioners, CAMHS Social Worker, CAMHS Nurse, CAMHS RMN, CAMHS Therapist, CBT Therapist, Family Therapist, CBD Therapist, Psychologist, or Mental Health Nurses
- Primary Mental Health Specialists (PMHS) work within the specialist CAMHS teams, providing a link role between the specialist team, primary care and frontline children’s services. This link role encompasses support and guidance around referral into specialist CAMHS and about other appropriate signposting as well as liaison, consultation, training, and, at times joint assessment and direct work with children and young people.
- To work within the multi-agency members of the SAFE Team to support the mental health and psychological needs of vulnerable children and young people experiencing behavioural, emotional and social difficulties and their families.
- To provide a service initially to children and adolescents in Ealing aged 0 -18 and their families, across all sectors of care; providing highly specialist psychological assessment and therapy at the same time as offering advice and consultation on clients’ psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues and to other, non-professional carers, working autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team’s policies and procedures.
- To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within the area served by the team.
- To join a MDT in the delivery of mental health care of adolescents and their families / carers.
- To offer home, school and clinic based treatment support and monitoring to Children and adolescents as required.
- To actively participate in Clinical Governance activities with the service by joining Clinical Improvement Groups.
- To participate with team colleagues in achieving proposed adolescent service development.
- To participate in existing and future service developments, such as, assertive outreach approaches, daytime emergency assessments, links with home treatment team / A&E liaison services.
Relevant social work qualification, e.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW, nursing, OT qualification or NVQ 4 (Care), HNC (Social Care), or HNC Care Management. You must be professionally registered in the area you wish to work – SSSC for Scotland, CCW for Wales, NISCC for Northern Ireland or HCPC for England; and be eligible to work in the UK. Strong post-qualified Children and Families experience is also required.
If you are interested in this position please call Krishan on 0207 861 8906, or click ‘apply’.
Working for HCL Social Care:
- Support from a dedicated consultant with extensive social work experience in your particular region of the country
- Choice of a variety of social work jobs across 150 authorities throughout the UK within many specialisms.
- LTD, PAYE or Umbrella company payments with our daily payroll system
- Excellent referral scheme – £200 for each successfully placed person
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: