Senior Social Worker
Birmingham, West Midlands
HCL are currently recruiting Senior Qualified Social Workers to join the Safeguarding team in Birmingham City Council! This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and progressive authority and be part of a great team with exceptional support offered from all colleagues across multi-disciplinary sectors.
This is an ongoing locum contract with a fantastic pay rate of £29.93 per hour!
The hours at Birmingham City Council are: Monday to Friday, 9AM- 5PM (35 hours weekly)
Benefits of the Role:
- Pay Rate of £29.93 per hour!
- 35 hour weeks
- Accessible parking within 10 minutes of their offices
- Ability to work from any of their offices
- A supportive and empowering organisational culture
- Birmingham has some of the lowest social work caseloads in the West Midlands
- Candidates are normally in placement for 9+ months
- Presenting care plans to conferences and reviews
- Handling CIN & CP cases
- Presenting written and verbal evidence in court
- A variety of Social Work interventions will be used including casework, direct work on an outreach basis, and when appropriate, group work
- Preparing child protection and children in need reports
- Interventions will be aimed at preventing the escalation in family breakdown and to stabilise the child/young person’s situation
- Completing Section 47 Investigations
- Mentoring and supervising Newly Qualified Social Workers
Benefits of working with HCL Social Care:
We have exclusive roles with Birmingham Children’s Trust and both HCL and Birmingham are dedicated to providing a speedy service with an estimated 48 hour turn around on feedback once your CV has been submitted.
- Referral incentive of £200 per person successfully referred
- Weekly payments on our daily payroll system
- Career support and Guidance from an experienced consultant with 10 years experience
- Industry leading compliance
- Full preparation and support before interview and throughout your placement
To apply, you will need:
- At least 2 years, post qualifying experience
- Relevant social work qualifications
- E.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW
- HCPC registration
- Current DBS/DBS Update Service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Access to a vehicle and full UK Driving Licence
Apply today, and register with us. Enjoy the flexibility of working with HCL.
If you are interested in this position please call Megan on 0113 23338202 or click ‘apply’ below.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: